Roosevelt athletics are funded by the school district (e.g. coaches, facilities) and ASB funds and supplemented by Booster fundraising. Every spring, each team must create a budget for the following school year. Mike Scott (Athletic Director) and Holly Poulias (Fiscal Officer) have created a presentation for Boosters that will also be used with student representatives from each team. Please be sure that your sport is represented at the Booster meeting on Monday, March 9th, 2015 for this important presentation. Specific questions by booster team reps can be directed at Mike or the head coach (who should be involved in the process along with the team captains).
Roosevelt Athletic Boosters Present
“Riders Hall of Fame” Sports Fundraiser
Saturday February 7, 2015
6:00 PM – Doors Open
Cash Raffle Drawing 8:00 PM
The Burke Museum at University of Washington
17th Ave NE & NE 45th Street – complimentary parking
Click here for online registration and/or to make a donation: 2015_RHS_Sports_Fundraiser
Join the Rider athletic community at our annual, casual, adult-only fundraiser! Your ticket includes drinks and dinner provided by the ever-popular Veracci Pizza trucks. Tour the Burke Museum, visit with friends and help support our 900+ student athletes!
Roosevelt High School encourages all students to participate in athletics, band and cheer squad, regardless of their ability to pay. We are proud of the fact that over 850 students participate in these programs each year. The Seattle School District budget for athletics shrinks every year. The goal of the fundraiser is to raise enough funds to fill the gap between what the district provides and the needs of the teams. Our first auction was held in 2000 and we have been raising roughly $80,000 each year since.
As you can see from the facts below, trying to fund 27 men’s and women’s sports teams, as well as club sports, a cheer squad, and two dance teams is costly!
- Transporting one team to one sporting event costs $300
- One vaulting box for the gymnastics team costs $2800
- The cost for one football player’s equipment is $500
- Women’s soccer uniforms for one team costs $1600 – we field three teams!
These are only a few examples of what it costs to support these vital programs in high school. The NEED for this fundraiser is clear, and our goals are simple.
- To supplement the school’s athletic budget.
- To stay on an even par with our competitors when it comes to coaching, equipment, uniforms, fields, and referees.
- To keep students active and involved.
ALL DONATIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Thank you for your help and if you have any questions please contact the fundraising committee at RHS.SportsAuction@gmail.com.
- The date of the April Boosters Meeting has been CHANGED from what was previously listed on the Boosters website. It was previously listed as Monday April 14th which is during Spring Break, so it has been rescheduled for TOMORROW Monday, April 7th at 7 pm in the Library.
- NEW – APRIL Financials are now online – available on the Minutes / Treasurer’s Report page on the Boosters website at Treasurer Report-Apr 4 2014
- March Minutes are also online – available on the Minutes / Treasurer’s Report page on the Boosters website at RAB Minutes 3-10-14
- Mark your Calendars – new student information night has been scheduled for Tuesday, June 3rd. RHS head counselor, Wendy Krakauer, is in charge of the evening and like previous years asks that sports teams and other groups NOT set up information tables until AFTER the program has started in the auditorium. The plan is to use the gym for information tables. There are two suggestions for Boosters to consider 1. To find some way to identify tables with a sign on a post or pole instead of just on the front of the table and 2. Because of the limited number of tables to consider renting tables for the event. We can finalize plans at our next two meetings.
- The date of the April Boosters Meeting has been CHANGED from what was previously listed on the Boosters website. It was previously listed as Monday April 14th which is during Spring Break, so it has been rescheduled to Monday, April 7th at 7 pm in the Library.
- March Minutes are now online – available on the Minutes / Treasurer’s Report page on the Boosters website at RAB Minutes 3-10-14
- Also, Mike Scott’s powerpoint presentation from the March Boosters meeting on the team budgeting process is now available on the Boosters website at ASB Budget powerpoint presentation by Mike Scott
There’s a Booster meeting Monday February 10th at 7 pm in the Library. The meeting minutes from January 2014 and the latest treasurer’s report are available from the Minutes/Treasurer’s link in the left hand menu of this page (http://boosters.rhssports.org/meeting-minutes/) The list of Team Reps and emails has been updated and will be reviewed at the meeting – please review the information available in the “Team Reps” link http://boosters.rhssports.org/team-representatives/ and bring any corrections to the meeting and give them to Tim Dickenson or email them to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
As usual, please submit any fund requests IN ADVANCE using the form and instructions in the “How to Request Funds” link http://boosters.rhssports.org/how-to-request-funds/.
As listed in the RHS Parent eNews…
Girls Tennis: A preseason meeting will be held Tuesday, February 11th at 2:40pm in Room 327. All returning and new players should attend.
Girls Track: It has been rescheduled to Tuesday, February 11th at 3pm. If you are a sprinter, thrower, long jumper, distance runner or hurdler, we can use your talent.
Ultimate Frisbee: For all interested boys and girls, there’s a meeting after school Wednesday, February 12th in the Upper Commons. There will be pizza and cookies. No commitment necessary! See you there.
Girls Water Polo: The Roosevelt Girls Water Polo Team is excited to begin their 2014 season March 3rd. We are looking for new players to join our team. Experience is not needed. We are open to anyone who likes being in the water and wants to join a fabulous group of girls playing an exciting team sport. For all the info, visit www.riderpolo.org. Also join us at 7pm Monday, February 24th for a parent & player meeting. Location TBD. Send us an email and we will make sure you know where to meet. Also some of our current players are hosting an Information Table (including pizza!) after school this coming week. Please feel free to ask Team Captain Helena Klein 206-877-3526 any questions about this upcoming event. For more information, contact Coach Thor Tyson 206-999-5686.
Boys Lacrosse: Interested in playing boys lacrosse this year? Lacrosse is a club, no-cut spring sport (March- May) and is one of the fastest growing team sports in the nation for a reason – it’s a lot of fun! New players are encouraged to join – no experience needed. If interested in seeing or checking out the game, there are open scrimmages this month and next at Ballard High School field on Sundays – noon to 2 PM. There are captain’s practices at RHS after school Mondays and Wednesdays. Boys lacrosse information flyers can be found in the main office or contact Mary Farrington at email@example.com.
RIDERS HALL OF FAME AUCTION
BENEFITING ROUGHRIDER ATHLETICS
Auction Contribution Form
Return Form By: January 31st, 2014 To: Pam Cohen
Auction Date: February 8th, 2014 Address: 7310 51st Ave NE
Non-Profit Tax I.D. # 34-2022-806 Seattle, WA 98105
Please print or type as you wish the donation to appear. Include any business cards or marketing material you wish to include for the purchaser.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS PARTICIPATION
Email Contact: ________________________________________________________
( ) Check here if you would like to receive an invitation to the auction
ITEM OR SERVICE DONATED: Please list any restrictions:___________
EXPIRATION DATE:___________CHECK ONE: ( ) ONE year from Auction Date
( ) Other_____________________
If donation is in the form of a gift certificate: ( ) I have enclosed a Gift Certificate
( ) I authorize Roosevelt to generate a gift
for my donation
ROOSEVELT HIGH SCHOOL
C/O Pam Cohen
7310 51st Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Team Rep Name: Sport:
- For All Fall Team Reps-a reminder to you to have an eye toward our Annual Sports Hall of Fame Auction (February 8th, 2014). You may find it easier to get support (volunteers/procurement) while your team is in season.
- Our RAB First Day letter that was included in every students packet is returning big dividends for both Team and RAB as a whole. Greg Blume (Treasurer) will be able to provide us just how successful at the next meeting (October 14th, 2013)
- My dream goal is have every Team/Club Rep present at our Booster Club Meetings. If you cannot attend, please have someone else attend on your Team/Clubs behalf.
For the latest Golf news please visit http://www.ridergolf.weebly.com - go Riders!!
The boys and girls cross country teams marked the 2012 season in September with an historical event; the first home meet ever hosted at nearby Cowen Park. Seattle Parks Dept. agreed to a trial race and community support was very positive, saving the school hundreds of dollars in bus transportation fees to our usual course at Lincoln Park in West Seattle. The girls capped the season with their highest finish, 2nd place at the Kingco Championships, and went on the next week to win the bi-district meet by one point over Snohomish. Competing at the state meet in Pasco November 3rd, the girls finished 8th, once again their highest placing ever, while the boys team were honored on the podium for their academic achievement, having the highest combined team GPA for all 4A schools. Olivia Mancl placed 12th at state, qualifying her to represent Washington state in the annual Borderclash race at Nike, competing against the top Oregon runners.
Congratulations on an outstanding season!
-Donna Jornlin, Head Coach for Girl’s Cross Country